If you have any questions or want to speak to our friendly Lead Nurse, she's more than happy to help.
Rosie Collcott (Lead Nurse), Lymphoedema Service, Macmiillan Centre
Peterborough & Stamford Hospitals NHS Trust.
Tel: 01733 678562 or E-mail:
As well as the Lymphoedema Support Network there are some other groups:
They are an association of Manual Lymphatic Drainage practitioners, from different professional backgrounds and exist to promote the development of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) within the UK.
- Website: www.mdluk.org.uk
- Tel: 0844 800 1988
BLS (British Lymphology Society) is a charitable organisation with a membership of health care professionals from various specialities, and others who have a direct interest in promoting effective management of lymphoedema and the work of the society.
- Website: www.thebls.com
- Tel: 01452 613391
They provide support and information for people with lymphoedema and its treatment. Lymphoedema is the swelling of a limb, usually the arm of breast cancer patients, when the lymph vessels or nodes have been reduced or scarred.
- Website: www.lymphoedema.org
- Tel: 020 7351 0990
The specialist lymphedema service will provide expert information, advice, support and treatment for people who have Lymphoedema/ Chronic Oedema.
It is recognised that Lymphedema can be a very distressing condition because of the physical problems it can cause, the possible restrictions on normal activities of daily living and the emotional trauma often associated when living with a chronic illness.
We aim to rehabilitate our patients within the constraints of their condition. The staff who work within the service are specialist practitioners and will deliver the following:
- Comprehensive assessment of condition
- Individualised development of a management plan
- Information/advice on skin care, exercise and daily activities that may influence oedema level.
Stamford & Rutland Hospital (Clinic A, Ryhall Road, Stamford PE9 1UA) Tel 01733 678240
- 1st Monday of the month, 09:00 - 17:00
- 2nd Monday of the month, 09:00 - 17:00
- 3rd Monday of the month, 13:00 - 17:00
- 4th Monday of the month, 09:00 - 17:00
Spalding (Johnston Hospital)
- 3rd Tuesday of the month, 09:00 - 17:00
Wisbech (Horsefair Clinic)
- 2nd Thursday of the month, 09:00 - 17:00
- 2nd Tuesday in the month, 09:00 - 17:00