Specialist Nurse Visit: Claire from the Breast Unit attended this meeting. The Unit continues to be busy and understaffed until the merger with Hinchingbrook Hospital has been sorted out. Vanessa is acting as Manager at the moment and overseeing arrangements. A discussion on how to improve attendance took place, the outcome was;-
- Provide more leaflets not only in the Breast Cancer packs but also in the Unit,
- Oncology and Wellbeing Centre especially after the Moving on or Hope courses are completed.
- A rolling announcement on the Breast Units video.
- A Poster with ‘what we do’ information for display.
- PBCSG Newsletter available in the Unit
- Advertise on local community radio.
Donations: Denise had received a donation of 2 cheques for £41.00 from Stibbington and Wansford W.I who had raised the money by knitting and selling tea cosies.
Rawlingson Invite: Val had received a invitation from Rawlingsons inviting us to their annual Workshop on funding for charities. She would not be going but if anyone wished to attend she will pass on the relevant application forms.
Fund Uses: Val and Denise have discussed the use of our funds this year and proposed to fund a counsellor for PBCSG members.
Resourses Needed: Val is planning her annual Strawberry Tea event for Saturday 24th June, she needs the usual resources, tables, chairs, tea cups and tombola prizes