Welcome Back: Denise gave a warm welcome to our first meeting of 2019 and an apology about the room set-up, which would have been OK if we were holding a seminar - The Hotel had been confused about our bookings but had kindly offered us one set out for a corporate event the next day. We started off with a discussion about the newsletter; Gill wanted to hand this on due to her commitments at the moment. Denise reminded people that she also had asked if someone would take over chairing meetings on a rotational basis. They both hoped that the group would consider helping them out.
Treasurer’s Report: Val reported that she had the groups audited accounts for 2018 and distributed copies for inspection.
Robert Horrell Macmillan Cancer Centre: Eve and Sue commented that they did a lot of group activities at the Centre such as Art, Tai Chi, and Nordic Walking. Denise commented on the importance of looking after ourselves in the recovery period. Gill suggested that as a group we write to the Chief Executive for NWAFT telling her of the benefits the Robert Horrell Macmillan Centre has brought.
- Eve had attended her 1st mammogram in trepidation since her surgery and it had been all clear, she pointed out that stress can cause problems such as diabetes.
- Gill asked if anyone had seen the report that one of the Cambridge Centres had produced an online questionnaire to indicate the likelihood of developing Breast Cancer.
- Helen was interested in how people change following diagnosis and treatment and how/if it still intrudes into life as we change and get older.
- Anne Marie highlighted the support she had been given since her diagnosis and treatment from her family and friends which had made an enormous difference.
- Denise asked if any members would like to talk about a topic at forthcoming meetings and Sue said as she was off to India soon on holiday would be happy to talk about that when she gets back.
- Aruna thanked the group for the trip to the Christmas Market which they all enjoyed.
- Read the full Newsletter.